OCT 13: Community Conversation
on Clean Energy, Jobs and
A discussion on the future of distributed energyin the Oak Park area,
and in all of Illinois. Featuring Sen. Don Harmon, Rep. LaShawn Ford,
Rep. Camille Lilly, as well as representatives from Citizens Utility Board,
Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition, Blacks in Green, and the Illinois Solar Energy Association.
On October 10th, we celebrated Children's Environmental Health Day!
Dr. Aaron Bernstein, Co-Director of Harvard's Center for Climate, Health & the Global Environment (C-CHANGE). Dr. Bernstein offered a podcast discussing how climate change is affecting children's physical & mental health & what individuals, families & health professionals can do to protect children from the increasing threat of climate change.
To learn more about APHA's work on children's health and climate change visit climateforhealth.org
Green Hospital and Outpatient Webinar
Health care sustainability experts Dr. Peter Orris and
Dr. Ted Shieh will provide a free webinar. Please join us!
Date: April 30th, 12pm
Click HERE to register
* As a point of interest, Chicago PSR has joined forces with Stop Sterigenics to permanently shut down the sterigenics plant in Willowbrook. Please visit www.stopsterigenics.com for more info!
May 31st, those in the Winnetka area attended an event called Hope in the Age of Nuclear Weapons.
The event was free and include three prestigious speakers and experts on the topic!
Soul of Medicine Dinner March 2018 & 2019
-Each Spring, we host a dinner honoring medical
professionals who have contributed greatly to the
fields of public health and social justice!
Climate Change & Health Summit
October 14th, 2017 from 9am-1pm
UIC's Contemporary Art Space-Gallery 400
400 S Peoria St, Chicago, IL 60607
1. Jen Walling, director of IEC
2. Elena Grossman, MPH, CDC-funded climate change & health expert
3. Panel discussion with Holly, Peter & Susan on physician activism
4. Todd Sack, MD, national PSR board member, talking
about the green clinic movement